Sunday, January 14, 2007

My New Favourite Restaurant!



Usually two or three times a year we try a new restaurant with our friends Charmian and Hong. Last night we went to a restaurant in Cambridge called Lily Ruth(its named after the owner's Grandmother). The food was amazing, good size portions, beautifully presented and everything tasted yummy! So for dinner I had the house salad which had a light vinagrette, pinenuts and bit of goat cheese. I also had a lemon infused cheese and tomato spread for crisp toasts. It was presented in a hollowed out lemon with balsamic vinagrette. My main course was a stuffed pork tenderloin with a variety of veggies(snap peas, lighly breaded okra, baby carrots) and garlic mashed potatoes. I had to share with Steve because there was way more than I could eat. Steve had carrot ginger soup, thai shrimp and talapi with rice. Then for dessert,we shared our favourite, creme brulee! I also tried this great cocktail, peach and apricot juice with champagne, it was really good. And Steve had a couple of glasses of red wine. They bring in a select few, so he had a glass of merlot, which I tasted and thought was good(no after taste), and cabernet. I will definitely go back! They have wine and tapas pairing nights which sound very interesting. Maybe we'll try one of those.

2 comments:

Cherie Nymeyer said...

Ya know...I live just down the street from Lily Ruth and I've yet to eat there.

Unknown said...

Yumm!! Sounds good Rosanne. I think it is a must try!!