Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lunch in Port Stanley


On Friday, my daughters and I went to visit with Mom and took a quick excursion to Port Stanley. There we had a wonderful lunch at the Pineapple Room with the highlight being the desserts. The Pineapple Room offers courses in pie making so you know they are going to be good and they were! Brianne and Mom had fresh blueberry pie, I had lemon meringue pie with tons of meringue and Brittany had a creamy lavender brulee.

We then checked out a few of the local stores, visited the fishmonger to pick up pickeral for Dad and perch for Mom. We took a quick look at the beach then on the way back stopped in Aylmer at Spicers for my favourite cookie, date triblies. Except they were out of of them! Oh well, I quickly recovered and bought a variety of cookies for the girls and some cheese bread and Austrian buns as well. We also popped in to see my friend Nancy's new flower business for which she has lots of great plans. Back at Mom's house we checked out the squash and pumpkins(they're huge already!) as well as the other gardens and sampled her garlic jelly. The jelly was awesome!

I enjoyed spending the day with my Mom and my daughters, we'll have to do it again soon!

No comments: