Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Capilano Suspension Bridge - BC Trip



From Whistler we drove down the Sea to Sky highway to North Vancouver. The highway is under major construction in preparation for the 2010 Olympics. But since we were travelling on a Sunday we didn't encounter any delays but did get a good look at the changes being made. It is another scenic drive with great mountain and sea views. I hope the expansion doesn't change that too much.

We only stayed one night in North Vancouver so took a quick drive around downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park(after we crossed the Lions Gate Bridge sister to San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge).

Then we went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. I have previously visited the bridge a few years ago while on business. And it was winter so I was one of very few there and the bridge did not move when I walked on it. This time however it was a beautiful summer day,there were lots of people there and the bridge did move! It was fun though! Also, since I was there, they have added a tree tops tour of bridges suspended through the old growth trees that was lots of fun to walk.

It was a very enjoyable stop!




1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Love your pictures
really makes me feel like I have seen that countryside