Friday, April 04, 2008

Shrink to Fit

This week's Daring Cardmakers challenge:

So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.

You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain.

How you use those valuable cms is up to you. So you may choose to split up those cms to use around your card, or use them in a block or a line. It might help to cut a few 5x5cm squares then cut those up to work out good ways of using your allotment. Making your whole card a miniscule 5x5cms is NOT an option!! Lets have no cheating (I know what you lot are like.....),
but because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you add a SIMPLE greeting as extra to your 5x5 allowance! :-)

And here's my card:



I decided to use my 5 by 5 allowance all in one spot! The embossing adds a nice bit of texture. I'll add the sentiment when I decide how to use this card.

19 comments:

Jane said...

beautiful card...what a cool embossed background.

Sheila said...

Ooooh I love the shape of the little heart you used. It's a lovely card.

Judy said...

stunning colours, Rosanne, gorgeous mix of embellishments, too!
JudyNZ

Cecilia said...

Very nice card. see mine,
www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Beautiful card i love the colour combo and cute flowers.

Andrea x

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Very elegant card, the embossing adds extra interest.

tracy said...

now i love that,beautiful colours:)

Anice said...

I love the layers effect of the embellishments. Really lovely card.
Anice xx

Kathy said...

Lovely card, great colours - very sneaky though to emboss the background!

Kaz said...

I love the embellishments all together like that. Great card.

Angelnorth said...

Nice little cluster of embellies there - lovely card!

Jackie said...

Oh Rosanne it's lovely!

Rosemary said...

less is more
gorgeous

tracie said...

stunning card, I love the colours and embossing and the 5x5 square has been used well - fabulous, I love it :-)x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card. i like the embossed effect

Jo said...

Looks great! The background is one of my favourite CB folders too :o)

asia wu said...

Fantastic colour combination! Whole design is fab.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!!
Fabulous job!! :)

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Gorgeous :)

Andrea x