Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blue Cheese Croutons


A little while back I tried out a new soup recipe, potato, onion and roasted garlic soup.
For the effort that went into making this soup, I found it tasted much the same as our family favourite Baked Onion and Garlic soup. So, I won't be making it again but sticking to our favourite recipe.

But it did have the accompaniment of Blue Cheese croutons, now they were good!

They are made with a french baguette cut into 1 inch thick slices. The recipe suggested coating with olive oil but I brushed them with melted butter. Then toast in 350 oven for 8 minutes. Remove and spread with a tsp each of blue cheese and parmesan cheese , return to the oven until cheese melts, about 4 minutes if i recall correctly.

I think they would be great on any cream soup! Do let me know if you try them.


1 comment:

Rosemary said...

This soup looks good,
croutons yummy .
Blue cheese and parmesam a nice combo.
Still nothing could beat your garlic soup.