Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Thank You and A Love Note




The first card I'm posting tonight is an overdue thank you note for all the lovely Christmas gifts( which I'll feature in a subsequent post) I received. This card uses Amy Butler papers and stamp and follows sketch 98 at CPS. It also meets the DCM dare of creating a thank you card. I like the technique I used of cutting out the thank you stamp and mounting it on foam squares. It helps put the focus on the thank you,I'll definitely try this again.



This card also uses another technique I've seen in my blog travels. I took a piece of scenic route chipboard and sprayed it with bronze Glimmer Mist, let it dry then sprayed it with olive Glimmer Mist. After it dryed again I put it through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with the swiss dot texture. I really like how it turned out and will try more embossing of chipboard. And I plan on using more Glimmer Mist and similar products, they cover chipboard wonderfully! And this card also meets the challenge of using dots or spots on your card over at Papertake.

Woohoo, 3 challenges in one!Photobucket


Then since I was on a roll I created this Love Note following Kazan's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. Love this fun Bo Bunny paper! Added a bit of glitter with Stickles too!



Have a great evening!Photobucket

9 comments:

Canarella said...

Rosanne I am always in awe of the talent you have in those little fingers of yours...so pretty ..lani

AB. said...

I really like your thank you card. Congratulations on doing the glimmer mist/swiss dots feature in the card - it is really cool!
:)

Unknown said...

Your 2s4y card is TOOOOOOOO cute! I love the flower border and those birds with the little hearts are adorable!!! fabulous job!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful cards as usual . The glimmer mist tecnique is very interesting.

Unknown said...

I love these little two little birds and the little red hearts are darling. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing
Hugs
Kazan

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Rosanne ~ as usual!

Unknown said...

yum! i love the amy butler & the birds! so cute.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! I love the one you created with Kazan's sketch...it is SO adorable!