Thursday, April 16, 2009

U R My Star



This card was a challenge!

Over at 'Use It' the challenge was to:
1. Go out of your comfort zone, which for me, like Regan, is guy cards

2. Use something you’ve been hoarding for a while. Hmmmm, do millions of scraps count because I used all scraps!

3.Use some of your new favourite things..paper, embellishments whatever. Well, I do like Perfect Pearls, the new smokey blue colour.....

4. Heat Embossing. Oh,oh, this is a tough one!




But I got to work and painted some chipboard stars brown. Then I inked them with Peeled Paint Distress ink. Then I heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I sprayed them with blue smoke Perfect Pearls and water using my new Ranger Mini Mister. And let them dry! I used cardstock scraps, and a piece of Basic Grey paper edged using an EK Success border punch to create the card. Then topped it with letters punched from the Quickutz studio font and added my stars! The last star is popped up on foam dots for emphasis.

Whew! I think I used it!

6 comments:

Lea L. said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love that punched edge! Great job with the Use It challenge!

~Lea

Rosemary said...

Wow this does seem like a lot of work but beautiful......

Unknown said...

what an awesome masculine card Rosanne! I l♥ve what you did with the stars, so, so clever!!! Thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
hugs!!
~rae

Deanna said...

Love, you rocked this guy card!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
Jeannie

Unknown said...

Seems like a lot of us have the same weakness! This is wonderful though, I love the stars!