Monday, April 05, 2010

Another Yummy Salad with Roasted Asparagus

We celebrated Easter Sunday with a dinner at my Mom and Dad's house. As is tradition, we all bring a dish to help complete the dinner. And, as also happens quite frequently, I brought the salad.

I had decided I wanted to bring a salad with asparagus in it and found the perfect recipe here. And everyone really liked it! So I made it again tonight for dinner, along with some hardboiled eggs it was very satisfying.



The lemon in the dressing gives it a nice tang and the mint a surprising freshness.

Since there wasn't any spinach left at the store I used a mix of baby greens but I'm sure spinach would be yummy too!

Here's my slightly altered version of the recipe:


1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 cups mixed greens or spinach
1/2 cup thinly slivered red onion
2 cooked and crumbled bacon
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan


Lightly brush asparagus with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Barbecue over medium heat until tender, 3 to 6 minutes(I roasted the asparagus in oven until tender crisp). Let cool and slice into 2-inch pieces.

In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil, mint, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Place spinach, asparagus, onion and bacon in large bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

mmm... can I have some?

Anonymous said...

Since no one else in my house eats asparagus, I will just have to make this and eat it myself....or...I can wait until my kids come over and they can help me!!
Looks excellent!!
Brenda in Kit

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Rosanne, this sounds scrummy. I will definitely be giving this one a go. xo Jackie

Rosemary said...

Loved this salad. Best one so far!

Deanna said...

Well this looks yummy!

Joanne said...

It sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it:)