Saturday, August 28, 2010

Washington and Area Trip Highlights - Part 1

Today I thought I'd share part 1 of the highlight photos from our recent trip to Washington DC and nearby areas. But there are some locations that will also get their own dedicated posts.

Our first stop was to Arlington National Cemetery which is way bigger than I imagined.

We toured the Washington Masonic Temple which was extremely interesting. We did make our way up each of the floors to the obeservation deck at the top of this tower.

We had made special arrangements to join an interior tour of the Capitol, a truly spectacular building.

We then walked the Mall to the Lincoln Memorial on a very hot day! Who knew it would be so hot in Washington!

Here we are on the side of the Lincoln Memorial and you can see the Washington Monument and the Capitol in the distance.

We made a special trip to the Washington National Cathedral, the 6th largest cathedral in the world and it is truly impressive.

We walked around Georgetown which is built along the edge of the old C&O(Chesapeake and Ohio) Canal.

And here we are in front of the White House(rear of the house). This is as close as we could get and as it was raining I'm holding an umbrella up out of the way of the house,lol.

More to come soon.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Looks like a very interesting tour.

Avril Tanner said...

Looks like a fun trip! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I had not come across rosannes-blog.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Keep up the wonderful work!

Chef Bee said...

I haven't been there in many years. Great photos. I really need to get out more often. Thanks for sharing.

Plan B

Linda S said...

Thanks for the pix Rosanne! I have never been. I guess it better go on the bucket list!