Monday, December 27, 2010

A Christmas Table

I have lots of pictures from Christmas to share but today I thought I'd link up my Christmas table to Marty's 45th Table Top Tuesday.

I decided to go with a red and gold theme this year using the red tablecloth and gold chargers I already had.



For the centrepiece I used paperwhites I started earlier this month alternated with tealights on dollar store mirrors and surrounded with gold glittered wreaths.



I placed specially chosen ornaments at each person's spot along with a Christmas cracker.



Oh and I put the cutlery in little gold stockings that I also already had.



And before I end this post here's some paperwhite forcing details for a couple of my friends who were curious. Using dollar store vases and some decorative marbles, I snuggled the bulbs in the marbles and watered them regularly. The water level should be kept just below the bulbs so that the roots reach for the water and the bulbs do not rot. I put them in the room with the most light around the last week of November and continued to water them every other day or so.



These bulbs are very easy to grow and once they sprout, grow an inch or so every day until they bloom.




They have now been blooming for just over a week and are still doing really well. And they are an inexpensive way to have fresh flowers for the holidays!



Now I have to wait for the hyacinths to bloom, they are much slower to grow but will be cheerful in later January!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all are enjoying this holiday season.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow Rosanne, I am shocked that those bulbs I seen at the party have turned into those beautiful flowers in such a short period of time! Your Christmas table looks amazing too!

Avril Tanner said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

That is a lovely Christmas table! :)

~Liz