Friday, June 28, 2013

Baby's First Year - A Mini Album

Happy Canada Day weekend to all my Canadian friends!

Today I thought I'd share a baby book I recently made for friends Kevin and Jen who are expecting
a son early August.

I got the idea for this book from one that Tammy made here.

But of course, as so often happens ,while Tammy's book provided the inspiration, my book ended up being a fair bit different.

I started with a burlap covered book I found at Michael's.


Then I added some KI Memories patterned paper and stickers.


Along with matching cardstock from my stash for photo mattes.


I made the journal cards from the Papertrey spiral page die.


And added Studio Calico wooden stars onto each page for continuity.


Ribbons, KI stickers, buttons, twine and the PTI Baby Button bits stamp set were also used to create page embellishments.


I looked online for an appropriate quote or poem to end the book.


And finally found one that I thought was perfect, click on the photo below to enlarge and read.


I hope they enjoy adding photos of their son to complete this book.

4 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

so adorable!

Rosemary said...

What a lovely idea , sure Mom will enjoy filling each page.

Linda S said...

Beautiful, Rosanne. They will be so grateful and appreciate the work you have done!

Jeannie said...

Very nice ... what a great gift!